Friday, December 28, 2012

Flower Fairy

I thought of this story when I was a little girl. I used to think fairies slept in flowers. Eventually, I placed my hands on the keyboard and wrote around that thought, and this is that.



Today, I walked in my garden the day after my Father's funeral. I beheld the roses that he had loved so much. I wondered to myself why would such a proud mighty man spend so much time caring for flowers?
Then, a particularly large warm rose caught my eye. It seemed to be in full bloom, and yet to my astonishment it bloomed further! Behold, what did I see inside? Why a yawning female! She stretched out her tiny limbs and yawned with her bright mouth. She had golden eyes and living hair upon her head. I was so shocked, I nearly lost my footing! Convinced that I was over stressed by my Father's demise I retired to my chamber. However, the next day I had to investigate the garden. Lo! Again, I found the tiny female this time slumbering just beneath the petals. Day after day, I returned to her just to catch a glimpse at the lovely lady. How I yearned to be a tiny man so I could take her home as my wife. We would live in a tree, and oh how happy we would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment